- RSS Channel Showcase 2970798
- RSS Channel Showcase 7082385
- RSS Channel Showcase 2315813
- RSS Channel Showcase 9424139
- 03/01/18--05:00: Morning Report: Chaos at Civic San Diego
- 03/14/18--14:00: The Chula Vista Police Department Is Severely Understaffed
- 05/25/18--08:17: Why Chula Vista Says It Needs a Second Sales Tax Hike in Two Years
- 05/28/18--05:00: Five Big Decisions on the June Ballot
- 06/05/18--13:28: ‘I Don’t Like Taxes’: Voices of the Voters in Chula Vista
Civic San Diego's president steps down amid scandal, Escondido passes on federal money that would've required ICE cooperation and Chula Vista adopts pot regulations.
This is not an attempt to scare residents or get more money for salaries and benefits. Our police department ranks last in San Diego County when comparing the number of sworn officers on a per capita basis.
Chula Vista residents are being asked to raise the sales tax for the second time in two years, citing a hair-on-fire need for additional police and fire personnel.
Here are five key local races and measures that will be decided in the June election.
A months-long effort to increase the sales tax in Chula Vista was one of the top issues driving voter turnout at several polling precincts across the city Tuesday.